Beware of utility scams targeting SRP customers
When in doubt, give us a shout: (602) 236-8888 (residential customers), or (602) 236-8833 (business customers) 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
How to spot a scam
2020礼盒竞猜The scammer will:
- Pretend to be from SRP. They may even call from a number that looks like SRP's phone number.
- Threaten power disconnection. The scammer will threaten to turn off your power unless payment is made, generally in an hour.
- Demand payment. The scammer will ask for payment with a prepaid card like MoneyPak, Green Dot or Vanilla. They may even request payment in bitcoin.
Remember the following
- SRP will never ask you to make an immediate payment with a prepaid card or bitcoin.
- Before your power is disconnected, SRP will send you one or more notices in the mail.
- When in doubt, HANG UP and call us directly at (602) 236-8888. We are available 24/7.
- You can check the status of your account anytime in or through the .
- These types of scams can also occur in person, through email or by text.
If you feel you've been the target of a scam, contact your local law enforcement or the Arizona Attorney General's Office.
Is it a scam?
No. To pay your bill, you must submit your payments directly to SRP. Please let us know if someone contacts you about this by calling (602) 236-8888 (residential) or (602) 236-8833 (business).
SRP will not call and demand payment for normal meter replacement. Do not pay.2020礼盒竞猜 Hang up and call SRP at (602) 236-8888 (residential) or (602) 236-8833 (business) to determine if there is an issue with your meter.
Don't click on the link. If you did sign-up to receive eBills, log-in to to view your bill or make a payment Also, residential customers on most price plans can keep track of usage, bills and more through our free mobile app.
Do not let them in or pay. If your payment is past due, we do not collect payments in-person2020礼盒竞猜. Our field employees cannot accept payment. If the person is claiming they need to perform repairs or upgrades, call us to confirm they are an employee. All employees wear SRP logo shirts, have an I.D. badge and will be driving a vehicle with a SRP logo.
We send out a reminder bill if the account becomes eligible for disconnection. In the event that SRP calls you about a past due bill, we will not demand payment over the phone; instead we will encourage you to pay through an approved channel such as or the SRP Power mobile app. If you do choose to pay over the phone, we will recommend that you verify SRP's identity by hanging up and calling us back at our official phone number: (602) 236-8888.
SRP does have partnerships with some preferred residential solar installers. Check that the company is listed on SRP's preferred solar installer list2020礼盒竞猜. SRP preferred solar installers are not affiliates or agents of SRP and SRP assumes no liability for their products or services.
Unless you scheduled an appointment with SRP, no SRP employee will ask to enter a customer's home. SRP does not sell products or services door to door.